Kerala, a beautiful state located in the southern part of India, is known for its stunning natural landscapes, backwaters, and serene hill stations. Here are some popular hill stations in Kerala:
- Munnar: Munnar is one of the most famous hill stations in Kerala and is located in the Western Ghats. It is known for its picturesque tea plantations, misty mountains, and cool climate. The scenic beauty of Munnar attracts tourists from all over the world.
- Wayanad: Wayanad is a green paradise nestled amidst the Western Ghats. It offers breathtaking views of lush green valleys, mist-covered mountains, and cascading waterfalls. Wayanad is also known for its wildlife sanctuaries and trekking trails.
- Vagamon: Vagamon is a lesser-known hill station in Kerala that boasts of rolling hills, meadows, and valleys. It is a perfect destination for those seeking tranquility and natural beauty. The mist-covered hills and pine forests add to the charm of this hill station.
- Thekkady: Although primarily known for its wildlife sanctuary, Thekkady also offers a cool and refreshing climate due to its location in the Western Ghats. Surrounded by dense forests, spice plantations, and a scenic lake, Thekkady is a popular destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
- Ponmudi: Located near the capital city of Thiruvananthapuram, Ponmudi is a hill station known for its winding roads, tea gardens, and misty hills. The cool climate and breathtaking views make it a favorite among nature enthusiasts and hikers.
- Idukki: Idukki is a mountainous district in Kerala and is home to several hill stations. The district is known for its vast expanses of tea, coffee, and spice plantations. Popular hill stations in Idukki include Vagamon, Ramakkalmedu, and Peermedu.
These are just a few of the popular hill stations in Kerala. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience with their distinct landscapes and natural beauty, making Kerala a perfect getaway for nature lovers and adventure seekers.